Natural remedies may come in many different forms. Perhaps we
can remember our mothers and grandmothers using them when we were
children, now that we are older, we look for ways to use them as
well. In many cases, you can find those remedies on the shelves of
your pantry, in your medicine cabinet and even in your
refrigerator. One of the items that we often have on hand but is
often overlooked is baking soda. When you understand all that it
can do for your body, you may never be without fresh baking soda
Not only does baking soda offer some rather amazing medicinal benefits, it is also one of the least expensive natural remedies we can pick up at any grocery store. It can help to boost your health in so many different ways and in many cases, you have not heard of the majority of those treatments. This would include a variety of health conditions as well as specific diseases. Why is it that this simple product helps the human body in such amazing ways and what can it do for us?
Most of us know it by the general term, baking soda, but it is actually sodium bicarbonate. This is something that is already created by our bodies naturally, it is produced by the kidneys. One of the primary reasons why baking soda is so beneficial is because of the effect on the acidity in the body. It is alkaline but most of the standard American diet is acidic. It helps to bring our body back in balance, which is why it can be used for the following natural treatments:
* A glass of water with baking soda can ease the joint and muscle pain many of us experience.
* The kidneys naturally produce sodium bicarbonate so consuming baking soda can help with kidney function. It helps the entire body to eliminate excess acidic waste.
* A few teaspoons of baking soda added to a glass of water can help with excessive stomach acid. If you suffer from ulcers, it may help to relieve the pain.
* Adding 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to a glass of warm water is a great way to alkalize the body in the morning.
* If you have urinary tract infections, a teaspoon of baking soda in 250 mL of lemon juice can help.
* Gargling with water and a little baking soda can eliminate halitosis.
* Dr. Tulio Simonchini claims that baking soda is anti-cancerous.
* If you suffer from heartburn, a teaspoon of baking soda in half a cup of water can help.
* Using a paste made of baking soda and water can help to soften the hands.
* Itchy skin, sunburns or allergic rash can benefit when you apply a paste made from baking soda and water.
* Mixing some baking soda with honey or molasses creates an antifungal remedy. Add it to a glass of water for the prevention of candidiasis.
* You can exfoliate the skin with a mixture of baking soda and water.
* Brushing your teeth with baking soda will prevent oral infections and will whiten your teeth naturally.
* Peppermint essential oil, salt and baking soda mixed with water is great for soaking your feet and eliminating both fungal infections and foot odor.
* A paste made from baking soda and water can be applied to herpes infections and canker sores.
* Rub some baking soda/water paste on the feet to prevent fungal for nail infections.
* Apply a paste of baking soda and water to relieve insect bites and stings.
* Massaging a wet scalp with baking soda will eliminate dandruff.
H/T: Natural Cures World