Are you somebody that enjoys learning little things about life that make a difference? Sometimes, you may do something on a day in, day out basis and then when you learn a little tip about how to do it better, your life is never quite the same. The fact of the matter is, there are many of these life tips or life hacks, as many people call them. Knowing that will change your life for the better.
The following is a list of 16 different items that people use every day in many cases. It is also an explanation of how to use them, either in the way that they were originally intended or in a way that was discovered that will save effort, energy, time or even money. As you look down through this list, you are sure to find a number of things that you really could only consider to be an aha moment. In the end, you are likely to discover something that you have been doing wrong your entire life.
1. It can be frustrating to put your keys on a key ring. If you want to do it the right way, use a staple remover to open up the key ring and slip the key on easily.
2. You can leave messages on your mirror for family members or friends. Don’t use a permanent marker, use dry erase marker.
3. Turn the tab of your soda can around to hold your straw
4. Do you want a cold drink quickly on a summer day? Wrap the bottle in a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. If you put your T-shirts on their side, it saves more space and reduces messiness
6. Don’t get your hands stuck in the Pringles container. They are designed so you can pull the paper out with the chips on it.
7. Tired of damaged bananas? Try peeling them from the bottom.
8. The tabs on the top of juice boxes fold-down so you can hold them easily without squeezing them.
9. That hole in the handle of your pan is there to hold a spoon.
10. Twist the ends of the chicken bone and pull the wings out. Instant boneless wings.
11. Cut your cake from the middle out to keep it fresh.
12. Don’t buy an expensive waterproof case for your phone. Put it in a Ziploc bag and seal it tightly.
13. If you have tomatoes to slice, put them between two plates and slice through the gap. This also works with grapes.
14. Peel apart the Chinese takeout container and you have a nice plate available.
15. Popsicles are fantastic on a hot day but they drip too much. Use a muffin wrapper and contain the dripping.
16. Don’t dilute your wine with ice cubes. Use frozen grapes instead.